Peter Marcus Hairdressing
Posts Tagged ‘Manchester hairdressers’
With the arrival of the autumnal months, shorter feminine styles are booming in popularity. And no wonder. Short hair is low-maintenance in bad weather and quick and easy to style on dark mornings, whilst still being dramatic enough to make a statement. Here are our top 5 celebrity short hair inspirations for Autumn and Winter 2013…
5) Beyonce’s bob
For those too nervous to go all the way, a short angled bob can be a great way to ease you into having shorter locks. Beyonce has proved the versatility of the style, wearing it straight for a sophisticated red carpet look, and wavy for a relaxed daytime feel.
4) Elisabeth Moss’ asymmetrical style
Elisabeth pulls off a longer pixie cut by framing her face on one side. The asymmetrical style is flattering for those with round or square faces and gives the hair more structure. This cut allows you to style the front with minimal effort required in the back.
3) Anne Hathaway’s pixie
Pixie cuts are great for accentuating feminine facial features. Anne Hathaway’s short cut draws attention to her perfect smile and the deep brown colour accentuates her eyes. Sleek and elegant, it proves that short doesn’t have to mean masculine.
2) Miley’s shaved sides
If a pixie still isn’t short enough, why not draw inspiration from Miley Cyrus and take to the clippers? Miley’s daring undercut is fresh and fun and allows her personality to shine through. It’s also a great – if not bold – move for those with damaged hair who want to start from scratch.
1) Shailene Woodley’s chop
In at number one is Shailene Woodley, who recently cut off her hair for a good cause. She donated the hair to a charity which creates wigs for sick children, and what greater inspiration is there to try a new style than that? Shailene encourged her fans to do the same, telling them “there are so many human beings out there who would love the opportunity to possess long hair, but simply can not because of their current situation…. let’s share!”
If you’re interested in a trying an adventurous new style, we offer free consultations at any time, so why not drop by next time you’re in town? Call 0161 834 1422, contact us online or drop into our Manchester city centre salon on Peter Street. After all, it grows back!
It didn’t stay long, but it would seem that summer is officially over and Britain is swiftly transcending into autumn. But, as depressing as that may seem, never fear. A new season means new hair. So here’s our list of on-trend hair ideas for autumn…
- Big curls – Forget the soft, tousled waves of spring and summer, this season is about wild hair. A 40′s meets 70′s look with a side parting is bang on trend and easy to style at home using rollers and a back-combing brush. This style perfectly compliments the classic Film Noir styles on the runway this season, giving a classic look a contemporary twist.
- Face-framing fringe – Fringes are perfect for the colder months. A choppy, Zooey Deschanel style fringe can make even the most wind or rain swept hair appear put together, framing the face and accentuating the eyes. Couple with a chunky scarf for a laid-back yet polished style.
- Punk-inspired bob – Rather than a sleek, sharp bob, this autumn it’s all about spiky layers. A shorter hair style can emphasise your feminine features and is easier to style than a traditional bob – just run some wax or gel through it and you’re good to go. Layer bright and dark fabrics to emphasise the edgy look.
- Neutral tones – Autumn is all about understated hair colours. Chocolate browns, dark blondes and muted reds give a more natural look and warm the face, complimenting all skin tones. Autumnal fashion is all about layering colours and fabrics – with a toned down hair colour, you’ll be sure not to clash, giving you more creative freedom with your outfits.
We offer free consultations at any time, so why not drop by next time you’re in town? Call 0161 834 1422, contact us online or drop into our Manchester city centre salon on Peter Street.
On May 9th probably the most famous hairdresser in the world Vidal Sassoon CBE died at the age of 84. Described as a “creative genius“, his influence on the industry and fashion as a whole cannot be over stated.
Peter and Marcus are both fans of his work and Marcus has said that “This is a great loss to the industry. He was a big inspiration of mine and put British hairdressing on the map. He was the best at beautifully executed work that left the public and industry gasping in awe.”
“Many of my looks are inspired by his work. We’ve lost a legend and it’s very sad news’.
This is just one of Marcus’s styles inspired by Vidal Sassoon.
Buy your £1 raffle ticket at the PeterMarcus salon for you chance to win a free cut and blow dry with Marcus.
Daniel, Marcus’ son, is planning to visit Namibia and to help raise enough money for him to go, Marcus has organised a raffle.
So don’t waste any time and buy your ticket now to win this great prize worth over £50.