Peter Marcus Hairdressing
Looks like our popularity amongst Manchester City footballers has been reignited.
Midfielder Jesús Navas popped into the salon last week for a trim with Peter. The Spanish international is following in the footsteps of teammate Sergio Aguero and former City player Carlos Tévez, who both had their locks cut by Peter back in August 2011.
We like to think we inspired Navas’s 33rd minute goal against Cardiff on Saturday; with hair looking that good we don’t blame him for wanting the camera’s attention on him!
In all seriousness, Peter and Marcus are both big Manchester City fans and the fact that some of the squad choose our salon over others in the city is a massive compliment.
Peter Marcus: adding a touch of glamour to Manchester City FC since 2011!
2014 is here, and with it the wave of new hairstyles trends for the upcoming season. The choice for this SS14 is vast. There are styles to suit all tastes from formal and classic to bold and striking, so girls, there is no excuse to miss the trend this season.
At Peter and Marcus our saying is, “New Year, New Style!” So here they are, the top 10 hairstyles you must bear in mind to be stylish in 2014:
Bobs was the biggest haircut of 2013 and looks like is set to take 2014 by storm but this season’s bobs come in all shapes and sizes, from slick and smooth to choppy and textured.
You already had a bob last year and want to change? Growing out a bob has never been easier, the easy-to-maintain mid-length cuts are more popular than ever. They require minimal styling and also work in most up-dos, too, isn’t it a perfect combination?
The new year also brings good news for lazy girls because one of the spring’s biggest trend is laid- back, fuss-free mermaid waves. The more randomly placed and tousled the better! But if waves aren’t your thing, don’t worry, long and straight hair is another of the favourite choices for the season. Now it’s even easier than it used to be to maintain long hair; the trend is more about a natural blow-dry than straightening hair. Simple, easy and feminine.
The trendiest option to banish bad hair days is a low ponytail. Easy, casual, elegant or formal, you decided. But whether you like it wavy or straight, super slick or lose, secure it low at the nape of the neck to get the perfect look.
If you are bored of your long hair, don’t be shy, go for a trendy short cut, and if it comes with a spiffing quiff even better! This season’s offerings are side-swept and textured – add waves and curls for maximum impact.
The trend in up-dos will stay as last year, everybody loves the ultra relaxed idea. You can leave strands loose for a soft, feminine feel or give volume at the roots to frame the face.
The surprise of the season is the wet look. Yes, it’s back! Straight from the 90’s, comfortable and easy, you just need to add some high shine serum before styling and it’s ready.
To complete this list we couldn’t forget about the essential hair accessories. This year they go from floral garlands to pretty headbands and scarves. They could be very good allies, so use them!
If you’re not sure which style will suit you and need some advice or if you have some ideas of your own, why not give us a call on 0161 834 1422 or contact us via our website. Alternatively, pop into our salon on Peter Street!
The team at Peter Marcus recently assisted in a top secret military mission… painting nails!
At the end of November, three Riflemen were dropped off in Manchester without phones or food, with the goal of making it down to London on only a fiver. The Frugal Bugle challenge aimed to test the soldiers’ stealth, communication and ability to think on their feet. But it didn’t end there…
As well as hitching rides down south, the squaddies also had to complete a series of challenges along the way – the more challenges completed the more points gained. One of these challenges was to score a manicure free of charge – and of course we duly obliged. It’s not every day we get a group of soldiers in the salon requesting baby pink nails!
The lads had a wonderful time, managing to get free pints, burgers, rooms in 5* hotels and even complimentary tours of Old Trafford and the Coronation Street set! The team were crowned victors at the end of the week with the most points scored – and we’re proud to have helped.
Rifleman Adam Brick has kindly been in touch after returning home, thanking us for the manicure and letting us know that, “We will definitely send any more Riflemen your way if they need to get their nails done.” Much obliged guys, congratulations on completing your challenge!
If you’re interested in professional nail treatments in Manchester – whether it’s for yourself or your loved one (soldiers included!) – give us a call on 0161 834 1422, contact us via our website or pop into the salon on Peter Street.
What New Year’s resolutions do you have on your list this year? Quit smoking? Start running? Take up a new hobby? As we all know, these are big promises to make…which usually end up broken by February 1st. So why not make a few resolutions this year that are slightly easier to keep – starting with your hair! We all vow to take better care of our bodies at the start of a new year, but your hair needs care too! A few of these simple resolutions could make all the difference and guarantee you a great hair year!
- Put down the heat! We know it’s hard but for the sake of your hair, perhaps make a promise to only use a heated hair tool once or twice a week. If you’re looking for a tool which is gentler on your hair but still produces long lasting styles – why not contact us about Topstyler?
- Condition! At this time of year, especially, hair can become brittle and dry. Not what you want for your New Year’s Eve party! So start early and give your hair a deep conditioning at least once a week. Not sure which conditioning treatment is right for your hair? Call into our salon and have a chat with one of our stylists – we can recommend you the perfect product.
- Stop putting off that hair cut! We know how easy it is to avoid getting your hair cut, especially if you’re trying to grow it out. But getting rid of those split ends will help it grow back quicker and thicker. We promise! Get in touch today to book an appointment.
- Be brave! Always wanted to dye your hair a certain colour or try a shorter style? 2014 could be your year! Book in for January while your ‘New Year – New Me’ spirit is still high. It could be the start of a whole new you… if not, it always grows back!
We’re open extra hours all through December to get you all looking fabulous for the new year – so contact us today to secure a slot for New Year’s Eve. Alternatively, if you have some New Year’s hair-solutions you’re determined to keep in 2014, book in for an appointment in January, to get your year off a flying start! You can call us on 0161 834 1422 or contact us via our website. Alternatively, pop into our salon on Peter Street!
November is coming to a close and moustachioed men all over the country have their razors in hand, ready to shave away the efforts of Movember for a fresh start next month. There’s nothing more satisfying than a clean upper lip after 30 days of itching, scratching and collecting crumbs – but why stop at the ‘tache? Now’s the perfect time to try out a new look on top of your head as well! But before you pull a Jose Mourinho, put down the clippers, ditch the DIY, and check out our top styles this Christmas…
- Retro: For a 60′s rocker look, try a low number-one fade, with plenty of volume on top. This works best for curly-haired gents, and can be styled by combing forward to accentuate the shape.
- Bowl-cut: Believe it or not, those haircuts you despised as a child are back. Only this time, they’re not done in your mum’s living room. Again, short on the sides and heavy on top – only with minimal layering. Style with straighteners for a truly 80′s look, or use texturising gel for a messy, modern feel.
- Fringe: Sharp at the sides and short on the crown, becoming progressively thicker towards the front, the fringe is set to be the biggest masculine hair trend of 2014. Already seen on the catwalk from multiple designers, the fringe is a versatile style that can be worn to suit your tastes. Slick it back for a vintage quiff, or wear it choppy over your face for an edgier look.
- Side Parting: For those growing out a shorter cut, but still wanting to maintain the clean-cut look, a side parting is key. And with the 20′s trend still going strong, a side part can enhance the Gatsby vibe. Why not try a new colour like blue black or platinum white to really intensify the look?
- Silver Streak: Celebrities from George Lamb to Robbie Williams have embraced the grey. A silver streak through the front of the hair can compliment a quiff and give dark hair a pop of colour.
If any of these styles take your fancy, or if you have some ideas of your own, why not give us a call and celebrate the end of Movember at Peter Marcus? Nothing compliments a freshly shaven chin like a new ‘do up top – and with Christmas approaching, you never know who you might want to impress under the mistletoe! We’re open on Sundays through the month of December and will be introducing more late nights to fit in as many customers as we can over the festive period. D rop us a line to find out more – you can call us on 0161 834 1422, send us a message using our contact form or visit us at our salon on Peter Street.
Congratulations to everyone who participated in Movember and raised money and awareness for men’s health issues. Go Mo Bros!